Monday, August 12, 2013

Prompt 1

Prompt 1


In the first chapter the two questions "Who are you?" and "Where does the world come from?" are sent to Sophie in the mail on a normal afternoon. Sophie takes these questions to a whole new level when she starts to over think why she has been asked these questions and what they are supposed to mean to her. She thinks of who she is and how she is important to the world we live in. She cannot come up with an answer for these questions leading her into deeper thought and questioning why somebody would send her these questions.
If I were to answer the first question “Who are you?” I would say something like this: I am Zoe Fisher. I was born with birth defects that made it a slim chance of me surviving. Yet with everything I went through when I was little, I lived through it and have been healthy, with some complications throughout the years. Since I have survived I believe there is a bigger purpose for why I survived, if there was not I would not have made it.  If I were to answer the second question “Where does the world come from?” I would have answered it like this: The world was made by God. I feel as if God was somewhat lonely in this huge universe and he needed company. He created us to live and have a reason in life, yet he made it so we need him to do so. When he created Adam and Eve he gave them everything they needed to be successful in life, but told them not to disobey him. When Eve disobeyed him things instantly changed for the human race causing us to become mortal to die for all the sins we were going to make in our life. Since that was decided for us from the beginning of our birth, God wanted to make it so that we could live. That is when he sent Jesus to suffer for us and let us live an eternal life with him because he cares for us. Ultimately, he created the world so that we could live with him and love him and keep him company.

That is how I would answer those questions. Sophie struggles with these questions because she questions whether or not God is real, yet she cannot justify any other reason of why we would be alive on the Earth right now without him. This causes her to go asking her mom about her point of view on it all, which just goes right into the ground. Sophie is extremely eager to find out the answer to these questions that would make most sense for her.

1 comment:

  1. Good first response here. I like your take on why God created man. "he was lonely in this universe."

    Good length here, and it seems like you grasped the ideas mentioned in the first chapter and relate them well to your beliefs.

    20/20

    ReplyDelete